Raritan announced the release of its Smart Rack Controller (SRC) that addresses the facility and data center management requirements to gather environmental information around IT devices through connected SmartSensors, as well as security conditions on rack door handles and card readers—without the need to significantly reconfigure power distribution or IT infrastructure to obtain visibility and alerts.
Many facility and data center operators don’t always have access to the proper tools—or personnel—to track thousands of devices as well as to measure environmental and security variables in and around data centers, edge networks, and even IT equipment in remote locations. In addition to a lack of tools, operators are hesitant to deploy monitoring technology due to special power requirements or may lack the space needed for full-scale device deployments.
By contrast, the SRC solution is built on Raritan’s Xerus Technology platform that adds a layer of intelligence to any location by acting as an environmental monitoring connection point for SmartSensor data. An LCD display on the SRC provides access to all SmartSensor readings such as temperature, humidity, airflow, differential air pressure, water/leaks, contact closures, proximity detection, vibration, and more. The information collected can be passed on to any Building Management System (BMS) or Data Center Infrastructure Monitoring (DCIM) tool for further analysis, using protocols such as SNMP, Modbus over TCP/IP, and JSON-RPI.
Additional SRC sensor management solution benefits include:
- Minimizing the hours needed to track IT assets, thereby saving time and money.
- Ensuring uptime by monitoring racks for possible hot spots
- Saving on cooling costs by confidently raising data center temperatures.
- Maintaining cabinet and enclosure security with USB peripherals and contact closure sensors.
- Improving data center uptime by receiving environment alerts.
- Optimizing strategic and tactical decision making for the IT environment by tracking IT changes and growth in real-time.
- Gaining audited controlled access to sensitive IT assets.
- Available in 100-240VAC and +/-48VDC power options.
“We engineered the Raritan SRC to be an all-in-one intelligent sensor management tool to support data center, facility, and security managers’ needs to monitor their critical remote and local infrastructure as well as promote better business continuity,” said Calvin Nicholson, Sr. Director Product Management, Raritan.
For more information on the Raritan Smart Rack Controller, please visit: https://www.raritan.com/products/power/rack-management/intelligent-sensor