Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) has announced a range of new and updated hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions and Lenovo Cloud Services to enable customers to keep pace with evolving business needs.
Lenovo is addressing the ‘new normal’ requirements by delivering an unparalleled, open platform of hyperconverged infrastructure solutions in partnership with Nutanix, Microsoft and VMWare and expands software-defined systems management capabilities with Lenovo XClarity.
ThinkAgile HX powered by AMD EPYC processors and Nutanix:
Lenovo, in collaboration with Nutanix and AMD, has announced the new Lenovo ThinkAgile HX HCI solutions powered by AMD EPYC processors, enabling customers to run their virtual desktop workloads and maintain consistent performance (in the same 1U form factor), with up to 50% fewer servers.
- Improved TCO – The Lenovo ThinkAgile HX AMD two-socket delivers a wide range of core counts (2.3X more) to match application needs, two GPUs per one unit and 45% more memory bandwidth, enabling excellent performance for virtualization and VDI consolidation.
- The factory installed Nutanix software increases flexibility for customers continuing their multi-cloud adoption journeys. It provides simplified operations, increased workload density, stronger data protection and seamless application across clouds to enable a true hybrid architecture.
- Availability is planned in late November as an appliance or a certified node.
Lenovo ThinkAgile MX and Microsoft Azure Stack:
Lenovo, in collaboration with Microsoft, has announced the new Lenovo ThinkAgile MX Azure Stack HCI Edge and Data Center Solutions, enabling customers to rapidly deploy a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Lenovo offers customers a one-stop shop for Azure Stack HCI with the new ThinkAgile MX appliances, providing easy deployment, management and scalability of Azure services from edge-to-core-to-cloud. In addition, Lenovo plans to offers consumption-based (pay-as-you-go) pricing of Azure Stack HCI and Azure Stack Hub
- ThinkAgile MX has a single, simplified console for lifecycle management and delivers an enhanced customer experience, so customers can easily modernize and scale their on-premise infrastructure from edge solutions to cloud.
Lenovo ThinkAgile VX and VMware:
Lenovo, in collaboration with VMware, has announced the new Lenovo ThinkAgile VX HCI Solutions, improving agility and reliability for SAP HANA database deployments.
- Lenovo ThinkAgile VX HCI Solutions are 4S certified nodes that enable customers to modernize their infrastructure for high-end database solutions and SAP HANA, improving agility and simplifying lifecycle management of vSAN environments via the integration of Lenovo XClarity Management software and the new vSphere Lifecycle Manager (vLCM) tools.
- Lenovo XClarity is the management console for Lenovo ThinkAgile HCI solutions and it provides auto-discovery and asset management, policy-based firmware updates across hardware and software and is the integration interface to leading ISV management tools, including vLCM.
- Lenovo ThinkAgile VX 4S solution offers double the SAP HANA database memory and direct connect NVMe, to accelerate response times, speed business insights and improve TCO.
- Available later this month.