Cloudian announced HyperIQ, a monitoring and observability solution for proactively and efficiently managing Cloudian storage and related infrastructure across on-premise and hybrid cloud environments – all from a single interface.
The HyperIQ features intelligent storage and user analytics, along with health checks, that enable predictive maintenance, enhanced security and resource optimization. As a result, customers can reduce mean time to repair, increase availability and accelerate new deployments, thereby saving operational costs and enabling them to adapt more easily to workload demands.
Today’s modern storage infrastructure is increasingly distributed across geographically dispersed data centers, both on-premises and in public clouds. Unlike traditional, siloed systems, modern storage assets can be deployed wherever they are needed, with all devices sharing a single management environment. However, one challenge has been the lack of a monitoring solution that can provide a comprehensive view of this geo-distributed storage and networking infrastructure.
HyperIQ features and benefits include:
- Intelligent monitoring—Complete observability with real-time interactive dashboards and historical data that include the ability to slice and dice resource utilization by data center, node, services and more.
- Customizable dashboards—In addition to pre-configured dashboards, flexibility to build one’s own dashboards from over 100 available data panels and drill into user or storage data at a more granular level.
- Predictive maintenance—Proactive alerts for predicting hardware failures, assessing maintenance needs, and avoiding performance impacts.
- User behavior analytics—Monitor user activities, provide insights into usage patterns such as uploads/downloads, API usage, S3 transactions, request sizes and HTTP response codes and enforce security and compliance policies.
- Anomaly detection—Identification of trends and faults so that rectifying action can be taken, such as creating support cases, triggering repairs or making other corrective actions to ensure optimal operations.
- Custom notifications—Custom alerts for more proactive monitoring of applications and flexibility to integrate with multiple notification channels such as Slack, OpsGenie, Kafka and PagerDuty.
- Customer health checks—Personalized monthly health checks with actionable plans based on trends and analysis from the customer’s Cloudian infrastructure as well as analytics from global learning across Cloudian’s install base.
Two versions of HyperIQ are immediately available as a virtual machine for download. HyperIQ Basic includes pre-configured dashboards and is offered to Cloudian customers at no charge. HyperIQ Enterprise, which includes advanced analytics features, is licensed by capacity at 0.025 cents per GB per month, including support. In future product releases, Cloudian plans to extend HyperIQ to cover other parts of the IT infrastructure.